The Ride2 Sturgis 2022...

Starting over...

Re: The Ride2 Sturgis 2022...

Post by blaz »

2 Weeks and we ride!! Supper Slab 84 to 80 to 90 easy ride 8-)
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Post by beadman »

blaz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:18 am 2 Weeks and we ride!! Supper Slab 84 to 80 to 90 easy ride 8-)
Are you taking I-80 all the way across PA? I would assume you would head all the way across 80 until it turns into 90 in Ohio. Are you stopping for the night anywhere along the way?

I don't want to invite myself along, but if you want some company for a little bit, give me a ballpark idea of when you think you'll be in the neighborhood and I'll figure out where best to try to meet up with you. I'll make sure I'm at the meet point early with a full tank of gas so I don't slow you down. :D At its closest, I-80 is 90 minutes north of me and only about 20 miles from the Ohio border (Mercer, PA). I can meet you somewhere in that vicinity and ride into Oho with you guys or head northeast and meet you guys somewhere along I-80 in central or eastern PA. I can be on I-80 near Milton (south of Williamsport, PA) in less than 4 hours. Dubois, PA is a little over 2 hours north of me (only because you can't get there from here. It is probably only 90 miles). Milesburg is in the middle at around 3 hours
“History lights the often dark path ahead; even if it’s a dim light, it’s better than none.” — James Mattis

“Nothin' lasts forever but the earth and sky, It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy.” -from "Dust in the Wind"

Post by blaz »

We will take 80 right through, I talk to Hawk last week we would like to meet up with you. Our plan is to make Chicago so we won't be stopping for the night anywhere close but I guess that all depends on how the ride goes if there is rain. I will try and figure out timing, we plan to leave 430 ish I will see how many hours Mercer, PA is from me and get back to you...
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Post by beadman »

I don't mind meeting you further east. Dubois is the same distance from me as Mercer. It just takes a little longer to get there because it is all back roads...and a very nice ride. Meeting you a little further east isn't a problem. It all just depends on your timing.

Post by blaz »

We will keep you posted on timing and we can decide where to meet.